Columbiana Community Foundation, Inc.
11 South Main Street
|Columbiana, Ohio 44408||330-482-3825|
1. Applications for financial assistance (accepted anytime, but only processed quarterly) should be
2. Applications are reviewed by the Screening Committee whose recommendations are brought to a
4. A grant application to the Columbiana Foundations must have the approval of the local administrative
Effective October 1, 2008 the Columbiana Community Foundation adopted the following policy in an effort to coordinate the grant requests for academic, athletic and extra-curricular activities including the various booster clubs supporting the School's programs.
• All requests must be approved by the Board of Education and signed by the Superintendent. A copy of
• If the request is from the Athletic Department it must be submitted to the Board of Education for approval
• If the request is from a Booster Club, the approval by the Booster Club advisor must be submitted to the
• The grant request should reflect all pertinent details of the request, as well as, additional resources that are
• Additional information on the grant request process is available by contacting the Screening Committee.
• The Foundation quarterly news releases announce all granted requests. It is requested that if the school or
activity group has subsequent releases concerning the project grant, that mention is made of the Foundation's
support or participation.
A. Project Budget information that must be submitted with each application:
1.) Detailed income and expense budget for project.
2.) What portion of expense will be contributed by your organization?
3.) Are other contributions assured?
B. Appropriate and Merit Requests (Those applicable to our Columbiana Foundation):
1.) Arts & Culture
2.) Civic Affairs
3.) Health & Human Services
C. Unrestricted funds may not be used for the following:
1.) Endowment Purposes
2.) Scholarships (includes tuition)
4.) Religious organization for religious purposes
5.) Organizations outside Columbiana City and Fairfield Township
The Columbiana Community Foundation Unrestricted Funds provide grants to 501(c)(3) qualified organizations. A tax-exempt letter (certification) from the IRS verifying your organization has 501 (c)(3) status must be provided along with the application for funding.
5. Insufficient application information can cause a request review to be delayed until a later quarterly meeting. Thoroughly complete your application form.
6. You will be notified if funding is approved.
7. As is the policy of most Foundations such as this, no response means NON-FUNDING of your request.
8. A non-funded request can be the result of: